W. Anthony “Tony” Loe has an unwavering dedication to his clients, their cases, and the pursuit of justice.
Tony has an unparalleled work ethic, giving 110% to victims, and despising bullies. His work at the State Attorney’s Office was fulfilling because he was able to be the voice for those that had no voice in capital crimes cases. Tony now takes that same level of conviction and applies it to those who have been wronged by their insurance company. He has a unique perspective and a passion for first-party insurance cases and is excited to return to that work, joining attorney Javier Delgado and the Merlin Law Group.
To quote one of Tony’s Clients:
Whether it is as the victim of a crime, or the victim of an insurance company, all we want is to be heard. We are tired, overwhelmed, and feel hopeless, dismissed, and lost in a system that doesn’t always play fair. Somehow, through your dedication, you manage to balance that out for us. And in the end, you provide that sense of ‘someone having your back in it all. With you at our side, we don’t have to fight alone. That is your true gift. The rest just makes you some sort of a superhuman being. Truly.
After 35 years as a prosecutor, with the majority of that time spent handling capital crimes, Tony brings extensive experience in complex and high-profile litigation. As an Assistant State Attorney, he personally tried more than 160 jury trials, of which 150 he tried by himself. More than fifty of his jury trials were First Degree Murder cases.
Tony’s attention to detail proves itself as a rare and invaluable asset, as he has uncovered experts who have inflated or falsified their credentials or expertise, therefore causing them to decline to testify in the litigation. One such example brought the conviction for three counts of perjury and a sentence of 3 years in state prison.
Tony has held the prestigious Martindale-Hubble A/V rating since 1992. The A/V rating means that the attorney has reached the pinnacle of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. That same year he became Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Criminal Trial Law. Board certification recognizes an attorney’s special knowledge, skills and proficiency in various areas of law and professionalism & ethics in practice. Both are distinctions he has held continuously since they were awarded.
He has also had the honor of receiving the following awards:
- A/V Martindale-Hubble Rating – Tony has held this prestigious distinction since 1992. The A/V rating means that the attorney has reached the pinnacle of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
- Board Certification in Criminal Trial Law – Since 1992 Tony has been Board Certified by the Florida Bar, which recognizes an attorney’s special knowledge, skills and proficiency in various areas of law and professionalism & ethics in practice.
- The Florida Bar “Claude Pepper” Outstanding Government Lawyer Award — June 2006. The Florida Bar’s Claude Pepper Outstanding Government Lawyer Award recognizes a lawyer who has made an extraordinary and exemplary contribution as a practicing government lawyer.
- The Saint Thomas More Society’s “Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy” Award — June 2016. The award is given annually to an individual from the legal community who best personifies the ethics of St. Thomas More.
Tony believes in giving back to the community, as evidenced by his involvement in the following:
- Chair of the Broward County Bar Association Trial Lawyers Section
- Broward County Bar Association Board of Directors
- St. Thomas More Society’s Board of Directors
- American Cancer Society’s Jail & Bail Parole Board
- Florida Bar-Grievance Committee 17B (1995–1998) and 17G (2001–2004)
- Florida Bar-Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee 17A (1998–2001)
- Broward County Bar Association Mentoring Program Chair
- Broward County Bar Association Bench/Bar Committee
- Community Relations Advisory Board for Dismas Charities, Inc.
- Florida Bar Speakers Bureau
- Inns of Court
- Broward Sheriff’s Office Advisory Board
- Broward County Bar Association Member Benefits Committee
- Broward County Domestic Violence Intervention Steering Committee
- National Hockey League Off-Ice Official
- USA Hockey Youth Ice Hockey Coach (Level 5)
- Ice Hockey Referee at the Youth, College and Professional levels
- Reading to Elementary School Students
- Participating in Career Days in multiple Broward County Schools
- Speaking at numerous Hugh O’Brian Youth (HOBY) Leadership Seminars
- Leading Tours of the Courthouse for Elementary & High School Students
University of Dayton School of Law