Javier Delgado is a former insurance adjuster and former insurance defense attorney, so he knows all sides of claims and insurance contracts. Javier is licensed in Florida, Texas, New York, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. He routinely works with outside and local counsel in other states and the Caribbean representing clients with their insurance claims.
He has been featured in several publications including the Houston Chronicle, the New York Law Journal, Law 360, among others for his outstanding work on behalf of his clients. Javier speaks at various insurance industry annual events and teaches continuing education courses to insurance professionals and attorneys representing insurance carriers, as well as professionals representing policyholders. Javier was appointed Liaison Counsel by the Eastern District Federal Court in New York to assist in resolution of Hurricane Ike claims to assist the Federal Court in resolving thousands of Hurricane Sandy Claims.
Here is an excerpt from an article from the Asbury Park Press where Javier was asked to present on a panel to help Hurricane Sandy victims understand claim details:
Panel Helps Sandy Victims Understand Claim Details
Raising concern after she hadn’t heard from her insurance adjuster in more than a month, Javier Delgado, the attorney on the panel, told her to keep writing letters to put them on notice and keep documentation of everything. He warned storm victims against walking away from a claim when the insurance company is delaying, explaining that’s what companies want.
Delgado also warned victims to look closely at checks, explaining insurance companies can include wording that settles a claim even if that isn’t the victim’s intention. If they need help, they should hire a public adjuster or attorney to get the claim they deserve, he said. “You really do need to be proactive. You need to stay with a claim. It will eventually get resolved,” Delgado said.
Here is another article Javier is quoted in: Homeowners battle for higher payouts to fix Ike damages
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Attorney
- 2013–Current: Mr. Delgado was appointed Liaison Counsel by the Eastern District Federal Court in New York to assist in resolution of Hurricane Ike claims; successfully resolved hundreds of claims.
- 2009–2012: Mr. Delgado was a member of Plaintiff’s Hurricane Ike Committee in Texas to assist in resolution of Hurricane Ike claims; successfully resolved hundreds of claims.
- Since switching his practice to represent policyholders instead of insurance companies, Mr. Delgado has successfully represented thousands of clients involving hurricane damage cases in FL, TX, NY, NJ, LA, PR, and the Virgin Islands.
- Mr. Delgado has also represented thousands of clients throughout the country with non-hurricane insurance claims involving fires, hail storms, floods, vandalism, theft, sinkhole loss, bad faith, and unfair claims practices.
- Former Insurance Defense Attorney handling property, casualty, and health claims representing insurance companies 2001–2005
- Former Licensed Insurance Adjuster handling property and casualty claims 1995–2001
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Former Insurance Adjuster
- Former Insurance Defense Attorney
- Liaison Counsel To Federal Court
Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Florida International University
Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Associates Degree, Criminal Justice