WEST PALM BEACH, FLORIDA
222 Lakeview Avenue, Suite 950
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
515 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 750
Houston, TX 77027
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Virgin Islands Federal Court
- 2013- Current Mr. Delgado was appointed Liaison Counsel by the Eastern District Federal Court in New York to assist in resolution of Hurricane Ike Claims, successfully resolved hundreds of claims.2009-2012 Mr. Delgado was a member of Plaintiff's Hurricane Ike Committee in Texas to assis in resolution of Hurrican Ike Claims, successfully resolved hundreds of claims.Since switching his practice to represent policy holders instead of insurance companies, Mr. Delgado has successfully represented thousands of clients involving hurricane damage cases in FL, TX, NY, NJ, LA, PR, and the Virgin Islands.Mr. Delgado has also represented thousands of clients throughout the country with non-hurricane insurance claims involving fires, hail storms, floods, vandalism, theft, sinkhole loss, bad faith, and unfair claims practices.Former Insurance Defense Attorney handling property, casualty, and health claims representing insurance companies 2001-2005Former Licensed Insurance Adjuster handling property and casualty claims 1995-2001Bilingual English/Spanish
Attorneys by State
- William F. “Chip” Merlin, Jr., Esq.
- Ashley N. Harris, Esq.
- Christopher N. Mammel, Esq.
- Corey Harris, Esq.
- Craig Kubiak, Esq.
- David J. Pettinato, Esq.
- Douglas L. Grose, Esq.
- Erin Dunnavant, Esq.
- Francisco O. Garcia, Esq.
- Javier Delgado, Esq.
- Jean Niven, Esq.
- Jeffrey L. Greyber, Esq.
- Kelly Kubiak, Esq.
- Larry Bache, Esq.
- Mary Kestenbaum Fortson, Esq.
- Nicole Vinson, Esq.
- Ruck P. Deminico, Esq.
- Sean Shaw, Esq.
- Shane S. Smith, Esq.
- Shaun J. Marker, Esq.
- Tamara C. Chen-See, Esq.
Javier Delgado, Esq.
Mr. Delgado is a former insurance adjuster and former insurance defense attorney, so he knows all sides of claims and insurance contracts. Mr. Delgado is licensed in FL, TX, NY, and Washington, DC; he routinely works with outside and local counsel in other states and the Caribbean representing clients with their insurance claims. He has been featured by several publications including the Houston Chronicle, the New York Law Journal, Law 360, and others for his outstanding work on behalf of his clients. Mr. Delgado speaks at various insurance industry annual events and teaches continuing education courses to insurance professionals and attorneys representing insurance carriers as well as professionals representing policyholders. He is always willing to go the extra mile and educate the public as you can see here he was presenting on a panel to help Sandy victims understand claim details.
Here is an excerpt from an article from the Asbury Park Press regarding this event:
Panel Helps Sandy Victims Understand Claim Details
Raising concern after she hadn’t heard from her insurance adjuster in more than a month, Javier Delgado, the attorney on the panel, told her to keep writing letters to put them on notice and keep documentation of everything. He warned storm victims against walking away from a claim when the insurance company is delaying, explaining that’s what companies want.
Delgado also warned victims to look closely at checks, explaining insurance companies can include wording that settles a claim even if that isn’t the victim’s intention. If they need help, they should hire a public adjuster or attorney to get the claim they deserve, he said. “You really do need to be proactive. You need to stay with a claim. It will eventually get resolved,” Delgado said.
Here is another article Mr. Delgado is quoted in: Homeowners battle for higher payouts to fix Ike damages
Nova Southeastern Law University
Fort Lauderdale, Florida- Juris Doctor
Florida International University
Miami, Florida- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice
Fort Lauderdale, Florida- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice
Former Insurance Adjuster
Former Insurance Defense Attorney
Liaison Counsel To Federal Court
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated Attorney
WIND Appraiser Certification, a double-session workshop – 2015 WIND Conference
New York Federal Court Eastern District Mediator Training Seminar
“Business Interruption Claims in the Wake of Catastrophe” – Equecat Convention, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, 2014
“Water Damage Claims” – Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, 2014
“First Part Claims” – Florida Condominium Association Event, Miami, Florida, 2014
“First Party Claims” – co-speaker Shaun Marker, Florida COndominium Association Event, West Palm Beach, Florida, 2013
“7 Habits of Highly Effective People”– FAPIA 2016
“WIND Appraiser Certification®” – Windstorm Insurance Network Annual Conference, January 2013
“Hiring Qualified Expert Witnesses & How to use Expert Witnesses in Court” – Lab Day, Texas, June 2012
WIND Umpire Certification, WIND Umpire Re-certification – Windstorm Insurance Network Annual Conference, January 2011 – TAPIA Spring Conference, April 2012
“The Appraisal Process: Theory, Reality, or Extinction” – Windstorm Insurance Network Annual Conference, January 2010
“Learning From Those on the Other Side of Claims Negotiations: Persuasive, Professional, and Ethical Techniques of Adjustment for the Policyholder” – FAPIA Summer Conference 2010
“Proofs of Loss, EUOs, & Requests for Documentation” FAPIA Winter Conference 2010
“Tales from the Dark Side” – FAPIA Winter Conference 2010
“Speed Adjusting: A Fast and Furious Look at the Concerns and Considerations of Insurance Claims and How They Can Affect Public Adjusting” – FAPIA Summer Conference 2009
“The current legal state of law in Galveston with respect to Hurricane Ike cases Seminar for Texas Public Adjusters, 2009
“The Merlin Guide: How to ethically and efficiently adjust claims in Texas” – Seminar for Texas Public Insurance Adjusters, 2009
“Maximizing Recovery: Best practices and surrounding Law and Ordinance coverage, ACV, RCV, Matching, and Building Codes” – Seminar for Texas Public Insurance Adjuster, 2009
“Instructor of Windstorm Umpire Certification Course,” – The Law in Texas on Insurance Appraisals
American Association for Justice
American Bar Association Tort, Trial, and Insurance Section
American Bar Association Construction Law Section
Florida Real Property Section
Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA) Associate Member
National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA) Associate Member
Florida Justice Association
Texas Insurance Law Section
District of Columbia Tort Section
District of Columbia Affairs Section
District of Columbia Antitrust and Consumer Law Section
Windstorm Insurance Network
Windstorm Certified Appraisal Umpire
New York Bar Association
New York Trial Association
New York Health and Law Section